Midnight Sun's Policies
Our goal is to ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable excursion into the Alaskan wilderness. The policies listed here are our guidelines for operation. Please review these policies at your leisure, and if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us and we will do our very best to address them. Thank you.
Your safety is our number one concern. Driving an ATV is a very enjoyable experience, and ATVs can take you places you otherwise could not visit. When operated correctly, ATVs are very safe vehicles. However, when not operated correctly, these machines can be very dangerous. We ensure that our ATVs are operated correctly by providing the following.
- Pre-ride safety instructions
- Hands-on riding instructions under the supervision of the guides
- Driving practice before trail riding
- Options to be a driver or passenger
- If at any time during the tour a guide feels that you are being reckless, they may end your tour without a refund
Our guides are First Aid and CPR certified. Guides are equipped with satellite phones in case of a medical emergency. We will be out of cell phone range most of the time. Pregnant women are not allowed on these rides. Sorry, but congratulations on the baby! If you have neck, back, or other recurring medical concerns, your doctor should be consulted before booking a tour. We will be miles from any medical facility.
Drivers and Passengers
It is mandatory that all drivers be at least 16 years old and present a valid driver’s license. Any person under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, who will be required to sign a liability waiver; no exceptions! Passengers on the two-up or side-by-side must be at least 12 years old. For safety, the guides may require passengers on a two-up ride to with them until their driver is comfortable driving with them.
This is Alaska! Though we have very pleasant summers, you should prepare for cool weather. Bring enough warm clothing to dress in layers. Wear clothing you don’t mind getting dirty. Boots or tennis shoes are required. Sandals, flip-flops, or any kind of open-toed shoes are not allowed! We do not cancel rides for weather. We provide helmets, goggles, and gloves. Each ATV has some storage for extra clothing.
Snacks, Electronics, and Payment
- There are complimentary snacks and drinks. You can bring your own snacks and non-alcoholic drinks if you choose. Drinks must be in a plastic container. No glass! Each ATV has some storage room for your smaller items. On the all-day tour, you should bring a big lunch.
- Remember you are riding off-road. Any valuables, keys, electronics, etc. can be lost in mud, tundra, ponds, or puddles. Bring only what you really need, like a camera or video camera. We are not responsible for damaged or lost items.
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, and cash. Payments must be made in full at the time of reservation.
Cancellation and Liability
- You have up to to 48 hours prior to your scheduled tour departure time to cancel and receive a full refund or change your reservation without penalty. Under 48 hours from your scheduled tour departure time, reservations are non-refundable. This means next-day and same-day reservations are non-refundable. In the event that your ATV tour is canceled, a full refund is given.
- It is required to read and sign the liability form before you can proceed with the tour. The form is available to fill out when you check in.